Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Corinna, Corinna

As I walked out of the locker room this morning, wearing only my bathing suit under my coat, the custodian said, "Finished already?" "No, "I said, "I forgot my bathing cap and goggles, so I have to go home." I was not about to get all dressed again and had just put on my outerwear. As I flashed this ridiculous outfit, a young woman nearby burst out laughing. "You're going out like that in this snowstorm?" I was, but she said, "Here, you can borrow mine," and handed over her cap and goggles.

How very sweet. I introduced myself and learned her name was "Corinna". I thought of the song and asked if she were old enough to know it; she was. "But a lot of people call me 'Corona'!" On this blustery day, I enjoyed the thought of a warm, Mexican beach the word "Corona" conjured up.

So, that's the second time here in Calgary I have paraded around in the public thoroughfare in a preposterous outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment