Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Musings on my mother and other fine women.....

On this mother's day, my thoughts naturally turn to my mother.  They also dwell on my aunts and my grandma -- wonderful ladies all.  My mother gave me so much.  She was a beacon of calm, no matter what the commotion.  In that way, sadly, I am completely unlike her. 

Now I am marvelling at being a grandma and relishing every minute watching my own daughter as she develops into motherhood.  This morning we headed down to the Chinook Mall for the annual mother's day run.  What a crowd!  There were 14,000 runners and Susanne -- not having run a race for two years -- came third (first in her age category, however).  None of us was surprised.  I told my gurgling grandson to get used to this because his Mummy and Daddy would be taking him to lots of races from now on.

To all my friends and fellow mothers, Happy Mother's Day!  Mummies make the world go 'round!

No comments:

Post a Comment