Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Battle lost

Heard the most distressing news today.  'Battle of the Blades", one of my favourite shows, has been cancelled.  I have blogged about this gem before -- the competitive show where big, burly professional hockey players team up with delicate figure skaters, don fancy skates and morph into amazing partners.  It's a "beauty and the beast" scenario and so entertaining.

I figure the head of the CBC is cancelling it as a protest over budget cuts.  Let's not cancel a crappy show, let's cancel a hugely successful one.  'Connect' with Mark Kelly is also being cancelled.  Go figure.  Contrariness at its finest.

The head of the CBC is a francophone, so I guess it's just an accounting anomaly that 40% of the CBC budget is devoted to the french-language network to serve 25% of the Canadian population.  It's scandalous.  Hmmmm, I seem to becoming very "anti-eastern" here.

1 comment: