Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 1st and it snowed!

Snow just appears in Calgary, usually after a hot spell.  The weather is the only thing I don't fancy about this place.  My son-in-law told me to expect snow every month, all year 'round because we are so close to the mountains.  Yuck and Yikes, are all I can say.   

But the health care is great!  I have not been able to swim for five days and it's killing me.  Wrecked my shoulder, but have found a fabulous chiropractor who is working his magic on it.  And he's handsome and funny to boot!  Just like my new female doctor who is young, cute, fun and very thorough. 

It's funny how one gets addicted to exercise, at least I do.  No clue when I will be able to resume my pool workouts, so that's depressing.  But my birthday came and went without too much trauma -- thanks to all the lovely people and children who sent me good wishes, cards, pressies and flowers.

Spent another wonderful day and evening with my grandson, Reed.  Not that I am biased, but he is so cute, smiling and laughing all the time...unless he is mad about something.  How a four-month-old can get mad because he drops a toy is beyond me, but even when he "loses it", as his mother describes it, he is still very cute.  Hit two bazaars on the weekend and stocked up on toys -- some for the baby and some for the toddler granddaughter who will be visiting from Houston with her mother in a couple of weeks.  My living room now resembles my own mother's when my kids were little, a bit of a daycare centre.

All good.         

No comments:

Post a Comment