Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

More Hair

"Oh, I have never seen you 'dressed'", I said to "E" in the lobby at the pool this morning.  We both laughed, but I now have a different view of her.  Because of her hair.  "I can tell everything about a woman by her hair," I had said at a party the other night to two about-the-same-age women, one of whom had short, cropped grey hair and the other long, dyed-blonde.  And it's true (See 'We are our Hair', February 20, 2014).

I am sure my Ottawa hair stylist, "D", would agree.  Because E uses the fancy locker room, I only see her in the water with her bathing cap on and her black roots peeping out.  I thought her hair was dark, but no, it's dyed blonde and long.  Oh dear.  That -- plus the fact that she doesn't work outside the home -- puts a different spin on her I'm sorry to say.  Any educated woman who does not work outside the home is a kept woman, which is disgraceful.  Period.  The end.  And as I have said, dyeing your hair blonde suddenly turns you into a "dyed blonde".  I mean, you walk into the hairdresser's with one personality and emerge with another. 

Just watch any one of those dreadful "Real Housewives of...." shows.  They are all pathetic, narcissistic and hideous.  Who'd ever want to be like that?              

No comments:

Post a Comment