Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

$360,000

"How much did you pay for your Ferrari?" I asked John at the Calgary Tennis Club this evening.  The title of this blog is what he paid.  OMG!  Here I am, driving a 2000 Honda Civic five-speed, worth about two cents, and this guy is driving a mega-car.  But I bet I could drive it as well as he.  I know five-speeds.  Unfortunately, John did not let me.  Next time.  Bet on it. 

"What did you tell yourself when you decided to spend $360,000 on a car?" I asked.  "I have to have this car," he replied.  "I just had to have it," he confirmed.  Apparently there is a club of 35 Ferrari owners in Calgary and they have all been invited to Italy to tour the factory this summer.  What is the difference between a Lamborghini owner and a Ferrari owner, I wondered?  "Lamborghini owners are all flash," John told me.  "Ferrari owners have class."  Oh, I see.  Guess he wouldn't have said anything else.  Here is his beast:

The smell of the interior was beautiful!
Nice

 

 
   

1 comment:

  1. i'LL BET HE BOUGHT THIS WHEN HE TURNED 60!!
    My god mother, the Countess used to tell me all men do
    something when they turn between 60&65 - they gamble,
    or they buy new cars, or they get clothes crazy or they have a mistress!!! BUT, she stated all men do something!!!!!!! I'll take a Bently anyday. good article.

    ReplyDelete