Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2016

What are the odds?

He had ashes in the middle of his forehead, so I knew he was Catholic because it was Ash Wednesday.  But surprise, surprise, he was a Messianic Jew.  Who knew!?   

"Oh," I said, "I had forgotten it was Ash Wednesday," when I encountered him in the waiting area of the local 'First Choice Haircutters' on Country Hills Boulevard.  He was the first Messianic Jew I had ever met and told me he had been adopted.  He also told me his name was "Gene", my son's name and one one no longer hears.  "Hey, I am also adopted," I replied.  We bonded. 

He told me he was half Catholic and half Jewish.  "Very rare," I said.  "Not if you are a Messianic Jew," he clarified.  "Many of us believe Jesus was The Messiah," he added.  Messianic Jews keep all Jewish traditions, but believe Jesus was The Messiah (google it, amazing!)

So, forget your daily beliefs.  Sometimes unexpected things happen.        

No comments:

Post a Comment