Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2016

Decided not to bother

Reading of the suicide of three young girls in the native community of Stanley Mission La Ronge, I thought about blogging my well-trodden thoughts.  But I decided against it. 

I mean, why bother writing about the futility of living on these remote reserves and how they turn young people into hopeless addicts?  So, I decided against it. 

And why bother about writing yet again about the native leaders of these communities who have so dismally failed their own people because they aggressively maintain the reserve system to get money?  So, I decided against it.

And why bother ranting about the native leaders who are all over the TV screens, demanding the PM step in and "do something about it".  Why bother?

And there's no point asking native leaders for accountability because they fervently deny and avoid any.  No answers there.

And as I sit and watch native leaders on television blaming everyone but themselves for the miserable, dreary and dismal state of the reserves and the people they lead, I can only marvel at the outrageous nerve they have in casting blame on the rest of us. 

It's breathtakingly shocking.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment