Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

The best thing.....

.....about watching the Blue Jays is Buck Martinez.  After winning the wild card, baseball and the Jays aren't of much interest to me -- unless they go on to win the AL and advance to the World Series. 

But Buck Martinez is one guy I love to watch because he is just so sexy.  To me, sexy is not really good looking, although Buck has that in spades.  No, it's a combination of looks, demeanour, style and brains.  Throw in his gorgeous silver hair and mellifluous voice and I'm done.  And you can tell he is a real gentleman who respects women by the way he behaves with the young female colleagues he works with during the broadcast.  Most veterans like Martinez would hog the mike and talk over a female colleague, but he does none of that.  The way he behaves elevates and gives them credibility and frankly, that's just irresistible.   

Apart from Mr. Martinez, I can't think of another sports commentator I find even remotely interesting -- especially the goons who call hockey.  Yuck.  Oh, I forgot Don Cherry.  Not that I find him sexy, but his lines, his experience, his take on the game and his bold-faced patriotism -- not to mention his spectacular wardrobe -- make him endlessly watchable.

Unfortunately, what doesn't work in hockey broadcasts are the young women in the studio who call it.  Why?  Because the thugs obviously don't give an sh-one-tee about what they say or think, rendering them ineffective, invalid and pretty much useless. 

Well, that's my take on sports at the moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Barbara MacMahon-FirestoneOctober 9, 2016 at 9:08 AM

    Love reading these posts. Especially the one on the Royals - so very positive and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, when I re-read this, I think the description of Buck fits Brian to a "T"!!

    ReplyDelete