Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Waaaaay too far

The University of British Columbia has gone off its rocker by accusing Steven Galloway, head of the creative writing program, of sexual harassment and firing him point blank.  It's been a witch hunt of gargantuan proportions, with a couple of female students accusing him without grounds.  Just their word against his. 

Please.

Everything -- the allegations, report findings and investigation -- has been cloaked in secrecy and non-disclosure while Mr. Galloway's entire life lies in ruins without a charge laid.  But the women who have claimed he "came onto them" are out in full force in the public thoroughfare and he has no way to defend himself. 

It's all so "yesterday".  Rabid feminists have highjacked the public agenda and Galloway is now an uncharged pariah, while they go merrily on with the full support of UBC.  It's disgusting and I am ashamed of those of my gender behaving in this way. 

These days, women can accuse men of anything under the sun with complete impunity.  Just like the female NDP MPs who accused a couple of male Liberal MPs of sexual assault -- even though these women consented to the sex!  I mean, seriously!  If a woman says "yes", it's "yes".  The hapless Trudeau kicked the accused MPs out of caucus, while the women involved were permitted to hide under the desk, unidentified.  What an absolute disgrace.

What has happened to university highjinks?  Where has reason fled?  When I was in university, I dated a professor for two years.  Did he approach and come on to me?  Hell yes and I was pretty flattered.  I was not in any of his classes, so thought nothing of it and I could have discouraged him at any time.  But I didn't and the whole "affair" was completely consensual. 

From the beginning of time, men have been approaching women and in my view it's all completely normal.  If you don't want to get involved, don't.  But don't run around screaming "the sky is falling" when it's nothing more than a boy-meets-girl deal.  Grow up, ladies.

I am sick of "feminism" and its boring ills.          

No comments:

Post a Comment