Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Big Day


This guy, seen here at less than one day old, just started "big boy" school.  Hard to believe, but he did.  And I had the honour of taking him to his first day.  A teacher, his Mum had her own duties and his Dad, a firefighter, had a shift, so Grandma did the honours. 

"Are you excited?" I asked him.  He was, but little sister was upset he would not be going to daycare with her as usual.  "Well, now you're a big girl," I told her, "going to daycare all by yourself!  Imagine!"  That did the trick, as I walked her in.  Grandson said his goodbyes and we were off to "real" school. 

It brought back memories of my own first day at kindergarten a thousand years ago.  I still remember vividly walking into Miss Earl's class at Crichton Street Public.  I still remember the sand box, my blue nap blanket with my name embroidered in yellow, Miss Earl's sensible black oxford shoes....it remains clear as a bell.  I can only hope he will remember his first day.       

No comments:

Post a Comment