Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

If it walks like a duck.....

So, Gerry Ritz referred to Catherine McKenna as a "Barbie".  Well, hello, she flaunts the "Barbie" look in spades!  If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck.  Unfortunately, Ms. McKenna has chosen "Barbie" as her duck and is thus judged accordingly.

As are we all.

How many times have I said, "We are our hair"?  McKenna dyes her hair blonde and thus becomes a "dyed blonde".  The expression, "You never have a second chance to make a first impression" holds for each of us.  It did for me throughout my career and I am sure my wild earrings, short skirts, high heels and flamboyant scarves transmitted an image not in keeping with being promoted to DM.  But one thing I let go natural was my hair as it turned grey -- a decision which helped balance some of my more unorthodox outfits.  Had I decided to dye my hair, I would have been perceived differently.

B, who wore to the office the most beautifully-tailored 'Lou Myles' custom suits when I met him, also had to face the scrutiny of his more conservative (I was going to say "cheaper") colleagues because he refused to shop at 'Moores' to fit in at the PCO.

Now McKenna has actually had the unmitigated gall to start a fund-raising campaign.  For what?!  Send me $10, I'm not a "Barbie".  Really!?  I'm a "Barbie" victim??  Get over yourself.  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment