Search This Blog

Monday, December 4, 2017

Flirting

"Hey, "D", has anyone charged you with criminal flirting yet?" I said this morning to a guy I swim with.  A large-animal vet and industry leader, this guy is a world-class flirt.  Frankly, I think he is the cat's meow.  Middle-aged and still very handsome, he is not only charming, but also outrageous.  Frankly, I told him, I am flattered you flirt so well, but don't try it on any young women.  They won't appreciate it like I do.

When I say "outrageous", I mean outrageous.  He says graphic things to women he likes that are beyond belief, but it's pretty innocent in my view because he's such a gentleman.  In fact, if D flirts with you, you're OK.  It's actually a compliment 'cause he doesn't flirt with just anyone.  The first time I met him in the lanes, he asked if I were stalking him.  "No, but I will if you want," I replied.  We both laughed and it's continued from there. 

But not anymore -- although I told him to keep it up with me.  We'll see.  But it's all so sad, now that even good-natured flirting is being outlawed.  I feel sorry for young men today because no one will be having any innocent fun in the workplace, thanks to the real bums who took it too far.

Sexual assault and harassment are crimes; flirting was fun. 

    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment