Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2017

$6K later

"The furnace is making weird sounds?" I said to B yesterday.  Then it quit altogether.  Perfect timing.  But only in Canada could I call a repair company and have it done and installed the next day, which was today.  Yep, a new furnace costs $6,000, folks!  Unfortunately, we didn't have that kind of change lying around in the kitchen drawer!?  A word of warning:  Even though I am probably the only Calgarian who regularly changes the filter, it still quit. 

I was grateful it hadn't given up the ghost two days later, and we do get a provincial rebate of $1,500 for the super-efficiency one just installed, but that was still a huge chunk of dough.  Ah well, it's only money, or as I always say, "It's not cancer, so shut up."

Merry Christmas!         

No comments:

Post a Comment