Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Here we go again

So, it's back to the drawing board for consultations with the natives on pipelines.  When will it ever end?!  Listening to Perry Bellegarde on 'Power Play' this afternoon I almost screamed.  He actually thinks natives have a veto on pipelines.

They don't.  But never mind, Perry, don't bother reading the Constitution Act of 1982 (which my husband helped write), where you might learn something, just barrel ahead with more bullsh-t.  The guy is delusional!  This new round of talks will add years to getting anything done.  As I have said, I don't care how much you "consult" with natives, it will never be enough.  What do they want?  More.  When do they want it?  Forever.

He went on about how the natives want in on the progress -- read "money" -- to be made with pipelines, but first we have to talk ourselves to death before anyone digs anything.  Notley needs to call on the "notwithstanding clause" to override more consultations, but she won't.  She's out the door with a swift kick soon anyway, but the new premier of Quebec is brilliantly going to invoke the clause to make it illegal for public-sector workers to wear religious symbols when they are dealing with the public.  This is what "Church and State" is all about; I don't want to know your religion when I access public services.  Why no one points this out is beyond me? 

I'm so sick of it.  Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment