Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Another

One of my old boyfriends has died.  Kind of shocking when you read the obituary of someone you dated.  This guy was gorgeous and charming and we had so much fun the summer we spent at his family cottage near Kazabazua.  Everyone presumed we were intimate, but we weren't because he was....ahem...unable.  But I didn't care because everything else was perfect.  I was working and living in Toronto at the time, so he used to fly me to Ottawa every weekend.  Came across a photo of me on his deck in a late sixties, yellow, terrycloth, shorts, jump suit with a hideous zipper up the front and a cigarette in my hand.

Yes, I smoked way back then.  Hard to even remember. 

In his obit, I learned that he had married and I remember being told by a mutual friend that his new wife was a massage therapist.  Well, that may have helped his "ahem" problem and good for both of them. 

Dated one other guy who was "ahem" and kept dating him because again, he was so much fun and so charming.  Who gives a sh-t about "ahem"?!

I think yesterday was the first anniversary of the "#metoo" bullsh-t and I have to say that men are also subjected to that.  In fact, my husband was sexually harassed by five of his superiors that I know of.  Extremely good-looking and charming, he turned them down and his career suffered for it.  Women are not nice.  But when I met B, he was a perfect gentleman -- something which impressed me no end because I was used to being sexually-harassed myself in the workplace.  So don't think it's only women.     

No comments:

Post a Comment