Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

The math

Wish I hadn't done it.  Got out the calculator and figured out I've been ripped off to the tune of $209,664 by B's and my ex.  My ex was supposed to have paid $450 a month until the kids were 18.  That was $89,000 I didn't get.  At four percent one-time interest, that would have been $92,664.

So, that was one of the rip offs.

Then, we had to pay his ex $1,000 a month, half of which was out of my pocket, so with legal fees, that worked out to $72,000.  Then we squandered $55,000 for B and sometimes me to travel down to Houston for years and the total out of my purse is $219,664.  Double that and B and I have thrown $439,328 down the toilet.

What a dope I have been!  Little did I know, when I walked into his office in 1980 and met him for the first time, I would be ripped off to this degree.  His daughter, Sarah, is the worst offender, having stolen $10 K we sent to her for her children's education.  Unforgiveable. 

So, we have written a couple of kids out of our wills to save our own financial asses.  All I can say is, marry the right person or you're effed.  Has no one any shame to have picked our pockets threadbare?!    

No comments:

Post a Comment