Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2018

There's a clear answer to that one

Air Canada considers itself French, not Canadian.  That's why it only serves French wine on its flights.  Afterall, the president is an Eastern European and some sort of kickback (sorry "financial incentive") must be in the mix somewhere.  What a deliberate slap-in-the-face to all the wonderful Canadian vintners.  Some mystified guy wrote a letter to The Globe and Mail the other day, asking the same question I asked a flight attendant a while back.  "Why don't you serve Canadian wine?"

She had no answer, but I do (see above).  It's outrageous and unacceptable. 

In other news, cows are now going to help me with my aches and pains because I am on hydrolyzed collagen, which is made from cow by-products.  I am also starting regular protein shakes and I recommend them to all my friends of a certain age.  I bought the chocolate and it's delicious.  We'll see how everything improves and if I will start to look 21 again.

In still other news, apparently the Quebec Superior Court is also ignorant of the principle of the separation of church and state because it just ruled that banning the hijab and niqab for women dispensing public services was unconstitutional.  Really?  How can they not know this is how it's supposed to operate?  The public should not know the religion of anyone serving them via taxpayer dollars.  Why did everyone apparently miss this concept in grade nine civics?  If you invoke this basic democratic principle, the entire argument goes away immediately.

Aside: I just heard one of the World Series play-by-play guys say, "They had began so good."  Now that's one for the books!  And this guy gets paid how much?!

Canadians are a severely ill-educated lot.  And that includes all politicians because I have yet to hear one utter this fact.  It would be so much easier if we all understood this.  Sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment