Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The family just got bigger

It seems my late ex-husband had another child no one knew about.  Turns out he had had an affair with a young lady after we broke up and fathered a daughter.  I met the woman back then, but had no clue!?  This "baby" is now 34 and looked up her brother and sister (my kids) and eventually contacted me.

I was delighted!  But he must not have been because he refused to sign on as the biological father.  I also contacted the mother and ex-girlfriend and we have exchanged very informative emails.  She told me things I had no clue about and I her. 

The other daughter is married with three lovely young children, so Bob actually had three kids and five grands.  Amazingly, this unknown daughter ended up in the same profession with the same talent as her father.  The apple doesn't fall far.....and all that.

So, the circle is squared.  She has also been in touch with Bob's brothers, at least one of whom has welcomed her into his life.  We are all thrilled -- at least I am.  As an adoptee, I know how important it is to find your roots.  This woman still has her birth mother; sadly, by the time I found mine, she had died a year earlier.  Ah well, at least I know from whence I came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment