Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Kevin and David

Out the other night, B and I met two young men.  We always sit at the bar because that's where you meet people.  We sat in between the two, one 37, the other 34, and started to chat.  They had not been talking to each other, but when both started engaging with us, everyone joined in. 

Naturally, I started calling them on their BS, which was legion.  They wanted to talk politics, women, children....the works and the more I set them straight -- I thought -- the more they liked it.  B just sat there laughing.  He's heard it all before.  David had just returned from Fort Mac, where he had earned $10,000 for a week's work, so he insisted on paying our bill.  I tried to argue to no avail. 

Folks, that's what happens when to chat to people at the bar.  I learn more that way than any other.      

No comments:

Post a Comment