Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Incomprehensible

I try, believe me I try, to make sense of  'Globe and Mail' columnist Andrew Coyne's preachings.  But, frankly, he is so obtuse and verbose it is impossible to glean a clue about what he is raving.  Here is a typical sentence:

"Indeed, far from worrying that yielding to China's demands in response to such 'repugnant' tactics might encourage China to make more such demands backed by the same tactics, the 19 fret that, in fact, failing to give China what it wants would invite it to 'escalate' by detaining more than two Canadians."

Talk about a run-on sentence!  Anyone have a clue what he is saying?  I don't.  My editor, the late Jean Portugal at Maclean Hunter, would have had a red-pen field day with Mr. Coyne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment