Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Facebook can be annoying

 Just going to do a quick blog about a picture I posted on fb yesterday:


This was a terrific Depends ad on the inside back cover of 'The New Yorker'.  I thought it was superb because it featured women "of a certain age" who have lost that twenty-something body and who often need things like Depends to ensure those little leaks don't escape.  

However, I remarked that I thought I looked like the gal on the left, but beastly B said I resembled more the model on the far right.  He's right, of course, but you know how we resist admitting we've gained a few more than we'd have liked -- especially after having endured two years of mindless COVID munching and no exercise!

I added that I was glad I didn't look like the model in the middle -- I mean that's a bit extreme in the face of how I've looked for most of my life.  Well, I was sharply criticized by a woman I don't know (how she was able to see my post, I have no clue?) who happened to have been related to that model.  It all got out-of-hand with comments about "fat shaming" and the like, so I deleted the post and that pissed me off.  As I have said, that's why I blog because I can say pretty much whatever I like -- as long as it isn't libelous and contains factual numbers. 

So, here's the picture.  I still love the ad, but I still unapologetically hope I don't get too big.  However, this viral beast is still around, so we'll see.  I certainly am bigger than I have ever been, but hopefully the pool will take care of some of that.    


No comments:

Post a Comment