Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Why I prefer to blog

When I read that a tenured professor at Mount Royal University is fired for her support of debate and free speech because a horde of the "woke" stomped all over her, I know why I will never be a columnist.  That's why a blog is the only route for me.  

Frances Widdowson was hysterically dumped because she said things I write about all the time.  Imagine, she had the "unwokeness" to say that the BLM movement had destroyed Mount Royal.  Guess what?  It has!  She also came out publicly and actually had the nerve to say that, in spite of what transpired at times to some children (principally, it turns out, perpetrated by older students upon younger), residential schools did a lot of good in educating natives.  Guess what?  They did.  

Do you think for one moment all the educated native leaders would be where they are had they not been given an education in a residential school?  Would they be lawyers, like Ovide Mercredi and James Bartleman, for example?  No, they would not.  Yes, there was abuse, but there's abuse everywhere in every setting where vulnerable children live.  Even the sainted boy scouts found it within their ranks.  And, as I have blogged, it happened to me in my respected orthodontist's office with my mother sitting right outside the door.

So, blogging is my only outlet.  I blog for myself and if anyone else finds it illuminating, great!  I blog because I am a writer who must write and I hold strong, well-researched opinions -- opinions that would offend all the "wokers" about whom I don't give a sh-t.  

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a family gathering here and was told by a sanctimonious guest that, "I read your blog, but I don't agree with a lot of what you say."  I laughed and said, "Really!?  Well, write your own blog.

**********************
How the incompetent have deteriorated trying in vain to do their jobs.  Here's Patti Hadju today:

Gawd!
**********************



 

No comments:

Post a Comment