Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2022

"We don't have a clue what we're doing"

That's what a chiropractor I went to until a few years ago actually said to me one day while treating and charging me.  I should have clued in then, but it has taken me 30-odd years to finally get it:  Chiropractors are useless.

I have finally switched to a physiotherapist.

My back has been in spasm for the past few weeks and I have gone to three different chiropractors here in Cochrane.  They crack it back, but never get to the underlying problem, so out it pops again.  This has gone on for 30 years.  Ten years ago, I ripped an upper arm muscle trying to show off my speed in the Crowfoot Y Pool.  I have since learned that when you tear a muscle, it never heals back normally, which has meant I have been dealing with flareups since.

The physiotherapist I am now going to said, "These guys can straighten your back out, but they never get to the underlying problem."  He then proceeded to explain what mine was.  I have no idea what he said, but whatever it is and whatever he's doing, it's starting to work.  I have to do my part, so I contort myself all over the house, bending this way and that, rubbing a tennis ball between my bum and the wall and a few other bizarre moves he tells me I need to do because, "Your muscles are screaming and they're very angry at the moment."

I'll vouch for that!

_________________________________

A big shout out to my son-in-law, who arrived this morning to put up our outdoor lights.  What took him 20 minutes would have taken me two days.  It's wonderful to have him around the corner because he helps us with everything we used to be able to do, but no longer can.  

Getting into the Christmas Spirit!



No comments:

Post a Comment