Search This Blog

Sunday, December 24, 2023

"Alls"

Tiffany

When I heard the governor of the Bank of Canada use the word "Alls", the iffy reputation and opinions I had had of him were unfortunately confirmed.  

He's uneducated.

"Alls I can say is....." said Tiffany Macklem (Yes, his name is "Tiffany") during his end-of-year interview with the remarkable and professional Vassy Kapelos.  "Alls I can say..." means, "I really have no clue about what's going to happen?"  It's equivalent to throwing up your hands -- not a good look for a bank governor.  Even if he had said "All..." I might have glossed over it, but "Alls"?!  No, that made me stop, stare and pay attention.  Who says, "Alls"???  No one with a half-decent education.

But this guy is running Canada's monetary policy.  He's the guy who controls inflation and therefore, the lives of all Canadians as we struggle with soaring costs on every front.  B went to the London School of Economics as a post-graduate student on a scholarship, so I pay close attention to his musings on the economy.  He has never been a fan of Macklem; now neither am I.  

Ms. Kapelos

But, a word about Ms. Kapelos.  I am so impressed with her.  Always with a complete knowledge of the subject at hand, she doesn't let guests get away with not answering questions, saying, "With respect, you didn't answer the question."  She brilliantly nailed the smarmy Chrystia Freeland to the wall the other day; it was a delight to watch.

Vassy is one of the best you'll see on any network and I would not be surprised if she were hired away by an American one.  I hope I'm wrong, and that her professionalism and loyalty will keep her in Canada, but I wonder....?  She's head and shoulders above anyone anywhere on the air waves.

This is Canada's immigration minister!

Along with Freeland, the immigration Minister is another disastrous appointment.  A drinking buddy of Trudeau's from their McGill days, Marc Miller lurches from pillar to post with nary a clue about the various files he is handed.  The other day he said, "The temporary foreign workers policy in Canada has been a bit rampant for far too long."

Miller's policy on immigration, "It is what it is".  Brilliant!

Huh?!

How can something be "a bit rampant?"  It's either rampant, or it's not.  Nothing can be a "bit" rampant.  He then added that government policies have run into "unanticipated" consequences as a result of how they are handling temporary workers and students.  

Huh?!

How can you not have anticipated that letting hundreds of thousands of illegals into Canada -- who are never "temporary", by the way -- would create a huge housing and health-care crisis?!  Anyone could have foreseen that, but of course, it's all about votes.  Here's the guy in charge:

Trudeau mocking Blacks at a party.  This is the Canadian prime minister.

On another linguistic note, the other day I heard an announcer on the Cochrane radio station say, "When that happened, the whole town was shook up."  It's so depressing for me when I realize no one knows grammar anymore.  Sigh.....

We don't have to bring in the clowns.  Don't worry they're here.

        


   


No comments:

Post a Comment