Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Just wondering??

I follow 'The Ottawa Jewish Archives' site because I went to school with so many Jewish friends.  Posted today was a notice that the site will be closed from December 22 to January 2.  Since Hanukkah is from December 7 to 22, I have asked the admin why they have closed the site over Christmas?

Not Christmas

We'll see what they answer.  (Note:  They answered and said it was closed because the archivist would be away.)

But it begs a larger question.  Why have so many other religions and sects co-opted Christmas?  And why have we allowed Christmas to be changed to "Seasons" or 'Holidays"??

Pisses me off.  Last time I checked, December 25th was and remains Christmas Day.  It's not "Holiday" Day or "Season's" Day.  It's Christmas Day and I'm sick of its cancellation and denial.

Christmas

I worked with a few Muslim and Hindu colleagues and actually asked them if they would be at work on Christmas Day.  Ha, what a joke!  All other religions take their own holidays, but also stay home during the Christian and other Christmas holidays.

Complete bullsh-t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment