Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

When is enough enough??!!

I had to delete my blog about Helena Guergis because my husband objected to the fact that I compared her to Stephen Harper's wife. Since the Harper's are members of the tennis club where Brian serves as vice-president, he didn't want me comparing the two (dyed blondes) and didn't want me to air my observations that Prime Minister Harper's choice of a Minister for the Status of Women reflected his opinion of Canadian women. So I deleted my blog in deference to my husband.

Last night at a charity dinner I really stepped right in it. I was greeted warmly by a TV anchor I have known for several years and to whom I have always felt motherly. I am always trying to fix him up with an acceptable woman and he has never discouraged me from doing so. I asked him if he were finally engaged? No. Did he at least have a girlfriend? G-d no. Well, what are you, queer? I said laughingly? Yes, that's why, he said. Talk about mortification! I had no idea. And all that was before we sat down to dinner.

There is nothing more to say. Is he "out"? I have no idea. I certainly won't out him.

No comments:

Post a Comment