Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

What can people possibly be thinking?

If you are prim, stop reading. Changing after my swim this morning at the Y, I had to walk around a woman...wait for it...sitting there clipping her toenails! Snap, snap, snap. Where were they flying??!! It was completely disgusting. I gave her the same look of revulsion as if she were butchering a hog, but to no avail. I looked askance at the woman standing beside her, but realized when they started chatting over the clippers they were sisters. No wonder she didn't sympathize with the glare.

Then it was off to the supermarket for a couple of things. At the "express 12 items or less" I waited behind at least 20 items on the belt, but no customer. The cashier started apologizing, "She's just gone to get something else, sorry about that." Five minutes later, she arrives with things she had to check the price of. "It takes a lot of nerve," I said, "to hold up the express line like this." Then she had to have all her stuff paper-bagged and then plastic bagged and then she didn't have enough money...and on...and on...and on........."Maybe next time she won't be so quick to hold up the line," I said. "Oh, forget about that, she's a regular and does it all the time," the cashier replied.

As she left she scowled and harumphed, "Some people!" Presumably she was referring to herself. "Probably lives on her own with 10 cats," I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment