Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pythons

Well, finally got my cowboy boots.  Had wanted to get snakeskin boots at the 'Alberta Boot Company', but balked at the outrageous price -- $500, or so.  What!!??  But there is another western-wear and tack outfit here, 'Lammle's', pronounced "Lamb-lees" -- and they were having a huge sale, so in I went earlier this week.  Walls and walls and shelves of boots floored me.  Immediately attracted to a pair, I asked the sales girl to fetch them.  Not leather, I nonetheless loved them and "stole" them for $79.00.  They were beige and had gorgeous multi-coloured embroidery throughout.  Who would know they are not leather? I asked her.  "I won't tell," she said. 

But, of course, when you "steal" something, you have to get even.  I asked if they had any snakeskin boots and she said they had had a pair, but had sold them, "but I can get a pair from our Stephen Street store and call you," she added, helpfully.  Do, I said and walked out with my fake, but gorgeous, boots.  The phone rang this afternoon.

"Hi Mrs. Marley-Clarke, this is Amber at Lammle's.  The snakeskin boots came in this afternoon and we will hold them for you for a week, give us a call."  Before going there, I called to see what the price was.  $149.  What??!!!  Cheap!  What colour?  Brown and green. 

So I bought them.  They are gorgeous.  Python.  Green and brown. 

I also bought B a leather sports jacket, just so he doesn't balk at my extravagance. 

You have to "get into" Calgary.  It's a great city!   

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment