Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Stampede without The Stampede

Have been musing about going to The Stampede. I mean, seriously, here we are in Calgary and I have not been able to wrap my brain around tolerating The Stampede. First off, I hate crowds. I also hate parking and walking. I went nowhere near The Ex, the Tulip Festival, Winterlude, the Blues Festival, the Folk Festival....or anything else resembling a "love-in" when we lived in Ottawa. Hideous.

As I have told you, we are now members of The Ranchmen's Club. Low and behold, I actually read the newsletter the other day and learned they have many Stampede-related events to enjoy. The one that grabbed me was the BBQ, chuckwagon races, grandstand show and fireworks. Hey, we just show up at the Club, valet-park the car, chow down on the food, get into a bus, hit The Stampede, slide into reserved seats, enjoy the show and get bused back. I'm there. The only fear I have is a horse dying during the chuckwagon races, happens every year. Spare me that one.

I will be wearing cowboy boots. Did I tell you my darling neighbour gave me a pair? What a sweetie. Told her I wanted to buy a pair and didn't she come over with a gorgeous black pair she had bought, but which didn't fit her properly. I love and have worn them a few times. But I still intend to hit The Alberta Boot Company to get a snakeskin pair.

I do love Alberta!

No comments:

Post a Comment