Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

A few perks for turning "blank"-five

When people find out (because I tell them) I am about to turn "blank"-five, they say the nicest things -- or tell the kindest lies. "You can't be 'blank'-five! You certainly don't look it." All very nice, but now and then someone puts their $$$ where their mouth is.

Like today.

We went to "Classic Jack's Grill" on 17th Avenue for lunch and over came the manager. Jamie is the same guy who "comp-ted" our drinks the other super-busy Friday night because we actually had to wait five minutes for the waitress. Who does that??!! So it was "hail fellow well met" and next thing I know, he is sitting down chatting with us. When he learns about my upcoming (hideous) birthday, he promptly fills out a $50 gift card for a visit to his other restaurant in the SW and comp's part of our meal today. Not only that, he gives us a discount card which, when filled out, will give us a free lunch. As I said, who does that?! He even insisted that we let him know when we plan to go because he wants to go with us and "make a night of it".

Only in Calgary.

Oh, and by the way, deciding what to wear, had a hunch I might be able to get into a pair of silk, cream trousers I have not been able to wear for a few years. Fit perfectly.  What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment