Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just when I was wondering....

...what to blog about (because a couple of people have asked when a new post was coming), the phone rang. It was a young man canvassing for the Wildrose Party. He asked if I was a supporter and I demured. As I have said, in our house growing up there were four taboo subjects:
Sex,
Money,
Religion, and
Politics.
I then added that I had yet to be enumerated and he said...wait for it..."What do you mean?" "What do you mean, what do I mean?" I asked. "No one has come around yet to enumerate us." "I don't understand," he said. I said: "Are you telling me that you are canvassing for the Wildrose in the run up to an election and you don't know what being 'enumerated' means?" I almost shrieked it. "No," he said again.

"You can't be serious," I added. "You don't understand, it's not like that, I am just calling to see if you are supporting the Wildrose," he said again. Incredulous, I hung up.

So, there you have it, folks. Complete ignorance of the way the electoral system works. As I have said many times, you could not make this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment