Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Being a writer

"Writing is something that goes on in your head all the time," said a famous writer.  Absolutely.  That's the way it is with me, not that I am famous, but when you are a writer, you have to write.  The funny thing is that when I have written what is in my head, I never give it a second thought. 

"What have you been blogging lately," said a man I meet occasionally.  I could not remember one single blog -- in spite of the fact that this is my 722nd.  How bizarre is that??!!

Blogging, I always try to write as writers I admire.  Would they say it this way, or that?  The other weird thing is that I cannot write without a keyboard in front of me.  This is a holdover from my days as a reporter and writer at Maclean-Hunter, when we faced typewriters every hour of every day and had to produce.  By the way, Roy McGregor was my seat-mate.  I knew he would go far.   

Off to watch 'Battle of the Blades'.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment