Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

$376.00

Just so I could "binge watch" 'House of Cards', that's what I spent.  Oh, Netflix is only $7 a month, what a deal, I told myself.  But the rest of it was ridiculous!

"This is all you need," said the 12-year-old salesman at 'Future Shop'.  "Just hook it up and you're set for Netflix."  But, of course, we can't set anything up, so had to call Geeks-on-the-Way.  "No, this only let's you watch Netflix using your cell phone," said the technician.  Well, that's stupid.  So I had to schlep the useless device back to the store and exchange it for an Apple TV thingy.  But I also had to get wireless, so that was a bunch of bucks because apparently you have to have wireless for Netflix. 

That little service call cost $205.  Well, now I'm finally set, I thought.  Except I wasn't.  Still couldn't install the Apple thing and could not hook up to Netflix.  After another call to Geeks, I welcomed yet a second $96 visit from another technician today to finalize everything and teach me how it all works.  So that was another pricey service call and in the end, it all added up to a whopping $376.

That's the price we boomers pay to get hooked up.  Heck, I remember typewriters and carbon paper!  What could I possibly know about all this crap?!  But today I was able to watch every episode of 'House of Cards', which was delicious.  Good thing I took notes because to go from cable to Netflix is a maze of button-pushing and switching. 

G-d!      

1 comment:

  1. Life is too short - everyone in Quebec has Netflex - they can keep it - I prefer two shows Criminal Minds,
    and Person of Interest and TCM. Enjoy your Netflex
    it sure as hell cost enough!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete