Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Another hackneyed cliche

Some people don't get my blog and that's fine.  But once again, if you're not an "official" follower, don't comment negatively -- especially when you don't get my point.  Better still, don't read it, which is what my husband does.  "I don't read Nancy's blog," he tells people who want to talk about it with him.  Even better, write your own.   

"Don't blame the victim" was one comment on my blog about Rinelle Harper.  Obviously, this person had no clue about what I was saying because I was not blaming the victim, I was blaming the parents -- although they see themselves as "victims"....of "the system", that is.  I was also blaming native leaders who take advantage of their members in tragedies such as this to advance their own cynical political and financial agendas.   

I post my blog on facebook and about 100,000 people around the world read it, which is very flattering.  Seconds after I post one, 50 people are immediately reading it.  (Guess they have nothing better to do).  But only "followers" comment on the actual blog site itself, which I appreciate, and I often post thoughts that don't agree with mine.  Many others leave comments on facebook, but if you're going to comment there, at least come up with something better than a tired, hackneyed cliché such as "don't blame the victim".

So dear readers, enjoy my blog, but try and be a little less "PC" and a tad more original, thoughtful and creative with your comments.  Otherwise, you're just embarrassing yourselves.        

No comments:

Post a Comment