Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

A pig

I looked over and he had five!  We were at a reception and talk on the magnificent bronze sculptures scattered throughout The Ranchmen's Club last evening.  Housed on three floors of the magnificent old edifice, directly across from Lougheed House, the sculptures are dotted at many locations in the building, but this was the first opportunity we've had to learn their history.  I have long admired these beauties -- several by Remington himself!

As we moved from floor to floor, we were treated to hors d'oeuvres, but they weren't limitless.  This guy didn't seem to get that.  First in line, he jammed five bacon-wrapped shrimp onto his plate; the rest of us sampled one.  Naturally, those at the back of the line got none.  Did that bother him?  Not on your life.  It really sickened me because at the next appetizer station, he had stacked his plate with four beef shish kabobs, among other delicacies.  Hey buddy, it's not dinner!  Wouldn't one be sufficient!?     

What a pig.  The fact that I turned and stared at his plate a couple of time didn't make a dent.  Some people's naturally-polite fairness instincts kick in; otherpeople's don't. 

Enough of that.

Bought my bedding plants today -- Calgary is at least two weeks behind central and eastern Canada -- and put a few in.  Working outside on my back deck, I ran smack into cigarette smoke wafting from my neighbour's.  Living in a townhouse, we are separated only by a half-fence which does not block the hideous smoke.  Hard to know what to do about it, except run into the house every time they light up. 

I hate smokers.  As B's Houston grandson said, "Smoking is yucky."         

No comments:

Post a Comment