Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Surprising

Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary and the only one who remembered was my stepdaughter, the one with whom I am now unfortunately least close.  But thank you, "S", so appreciated.  (My non-relationship is thanks to her renewed relationship with her mother, which became close when stepdaughter herself became a mother, and now everything has to appear to be perfect.  Too bad because I am the loser, but so are her kids who don't really know me.  Apologies for the ego there.)

Together 35 years, B and I have officially been married 32 and raised four children together.  What chaos it was many times!  We faced a myriad of obstacles because one parent was involved and fought anything and everything, and another was completely absent and uninvolved.  Two children suffered from the presence of a parent and two from the absence of one.  Should I be a child psychologist?  Maybe. 

But hey, we hung in there and now enjoy four wonderful grandchildren.  What other purpose does my life now have but to be a grandmother?

None.        

No comments:

Post a Comment