Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

I almost cried

"This is my grandma," said grandson yesterday to a daycare worker when I picked him up.  That's when you know you've made the right decision about picking up and moving half way across Canada just to be a grandma. 

The family was over to decorate our tree and it was magical.  "Well, go and ask grandma," I heard my son-in-law say after bath was over.  Down the stairs came grandson.  "Grandma, can I sleep over at your house?".  Unplanned, this was an unexpected gift which I accepted immediately.  "Of course you can," I replied.  We had a great time, snuggling and making pancakes in the morning. 

On December 18th he will be four.  How that happened I have no idea?!  We moved to Calgary before he was born and now we love it and are happily ensconced.  Next stop?  Taking them to visit Santa on grandson's birthday.  Can't wait!
Tea at six a.m. 
   

1 comment:

  1. I am so very very happy for you and "B". You both are blessed. What I wouldn't give to have a little one sleeping over. How adorable is that. No amount of money could buy this kind of love and life. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete