Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

Poor taste

Watched the Whitehouse Correspondents' Dinner against my better judgement.  The first thing that struck me was Obama's snap-on bow tie.  Huh!!??  Is there no one in his circle who knows how to actually tie a proper bow tie?  I tie all of B's and it's quite easy, once you know how.  "You just tie a bow, Griffy," said my late, dear friend Mike the day he showed me how to do it.  Obama's bad tie was completely unacceptable. 

But he was funny.  The boob who followed him was not.  Who the h-ll is Larry Wilmore anyway?  I had no clue, but was quite certain his was a performance in very bad taste.  All his "jokes" centred around being black -- and a disgruntled one at that.  Sadly, he transferred all his "blackness" onto Obama and just kept turning to the President and hammering away about it.  Did he actually use the "N" word?  I think so.  It was so cringe-inducing that I switched channels in disgust. 

I am not a big fan of Obama, but I am quite sure his accomplishments trump his blackness.  It was a disgraceful and embarrassing performance by a black guy with a HUGE chip on his shoulder.   

No comments:

Post a Comment