Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2016

Five weeks

That's how long it has taken my hip injury to heal.  Two cortisone shots, weekly physio and dependence on an effing cane, but today -- touch a lot of wood -- is the first day I have felt relatively normal. 

"If you hadn't been in such good shape, you would not have healed at all," said my doctor.  That was very encouraging and it's true.  No matter your age, keep moving.  I was able to swim, not my 50 laps every day, but 36.  That kept me going.  I am now confident I will be able to do my 2-K Lake Windermere swim in August -- my fourth!  Invermere, B.C., is a gorgeous town.  If ever you are in the neighbourhood, visit.    

Aging is not for the faint-of-heart.  And by the way, if you are on Celebrex stay on it!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment