Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A little too much

With about $300,000 worth of about 50 hand-woven silk carpets scattered throughout their house, these people didn't wear shoes.  Trouble is, I love shoes and, along with jewellery and accessories, they make any outfit. 

The dilemma was:  take them off, or leave them on?  Against my better judgement, I took them off because B took his off.  Our hostess was barefoot and the host wore only socks, so this was a strong signal to put the carpets first.  I don't like this "MO", as you can imagine.  We had been invited for coffee to their home by a couple B knows.  Why he commits me to these outings I have no clue??  I find it very annoying, but I go to be a "proper wife".  As if.

These people are Russians, so their perspective on the world is quite different from my "pro-tax" view of the world.  But here they are, living in Canada and talking about their latest medical procedures -- paid for by taxes!!!  Get it??  No.  Very annoying.
______________________________________________

Calgary weather is sublime these days.  Hot, but never any humidity.  A good day in Calgary cannot be beaten.  Even 30 degrees is so pleasant and you don't need air-conditioning.  I definitely don't miss the Ottawa Valley wring-yourself-out-and-lie-on-a-fainting-couch weather! 



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment