Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

All right, already

The service for Muhammud Ali was just a tad over-the-top, in my view.  I mean the guy was remarkable, but the length of the televised goodbye was too much.  By the time poor, old Bill Clinton got to the podium, everyone had said everything.  Ten times over.

All I can say is thank God for Billy Crystal.  At least he injected some welcome humour into the verbiage in homage to a guy who basically tried to kill people for a living.     

Then I tune in to watch Don Martin and 'Power Play' and there's a repeat of Ali's wife's too-long speech.  Again.  Maybe it's because I am Canadian, but I think the Americans go overboard on this stuff.  I'd rather be watching coverage of the Queen's 90th, or the gun salute to Prince Philip.  All the sports channels gave Ali more coverage than the great Gordie Howe! 

It was all a bit much.  And it's still going on......and on............

No comments:

Post a Comment