Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Stuff

Watching the wretched Jerry Dias raving about the Oshawa GM plant's closing reminds me of Bob White, another union head.  I was stuck in a Charlottetown hotel many years ago, during a snow storm with an attractive female colleague, and Bob and his sidekicks sitting next to us in the bar tried to pick us up.  Seriously!

But White was a pretty good union leader -- unlike the incompetent Dias.  If  Dias hadn't noticed the storm coming and the plant about to close he was incompetent.  He should have and yet to have done nothing is proof of his incompetence on the file.  This is the union head!? 

Speaking of pickups, last night B and I went to the local Keg for dinner and I was riveted by what was going on beside us at the bar.  (I always sit at the bar 'cause it's the best place to see what's going on.)  Two gay guys were having dinner and it was obvious they were just getting to know each other in advance of their real agenda, i.e., sex.  I often wonder why couples do the date dance, when all they want to do is have sex? 

My other question is, why did Ottawa trade the fabulous Erik Karlsson?  I had no idea this had happened, but watching the San Jose/Toronto game last night at The Keg, I realized they had actually traded the guy.  Duh??!!  A friend and colleague from my journalism days is a prominent sports writer and he told me Karlsson had been shafted, but so was Doiron, who got zip for him in the trade.  He also said Karlsson was too cocky and stopped listening to the inept coaching staff, which pissed the owners off.  But he is not being used to his ability, now being on the second power play line instead of playing the entire time. 

In the end, everything is personal -- just as all politics is local.  Bring it Jason Kenney!  



   

No comments:

Post a Comment