Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Time to trade a few guys

 Watching the Leafs pooch yet another season, here's what I'd do:  I'd trade Mathews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares and the coach.  That would wake up and shake a few people.  $10 million each for these four is insanity!  Can you imagine if the Leafs grew a pair and got rid of these super stars?!  That would be perfect.  I mean, how could they do any worse?  The Las Vegas Golden Knights was formed with a gaggle of rejects and look how well they have done.  No cup yet, but it'll come.  

Trade Mathews, et al, and these n'er-do-wells might wake up and actually play to their abilities on another team.  And after two years on other teams, if they didn't win, trade them again and maybe the next team would benefit.  

Just heard Brian Burke say that it was time to trade Nylander.  He should have gone farther and said what I have just said, time to trade the big four who take up $40 million of the entire salary.  They need a better defence.  Bye bye to the big four.

That's my take and I know nothing about hockey, but I do know about human psychology and motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment