Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Totally inappropriate

Watching an NHL game yesterday, I was dumbfounded by the "religious" ceremony at the beginning, wherein inherently violent team members stood in a circle (of love) and listened to a black Calgary Flames player make a ridiculous speech about systemic racism in the NHL while the other players looked weepy and downtrodden.

Here's a bulletin:  Buddy, there is no systemic racism in the NHL.  The league is all about money, money and more money and if a player has the talent, Gary Bettman, et al, don't care what colour he is.  He'll get signed and he'll make millions.  During the anthem, this player solemnly "took a knee" while players on either side "comforted" him with their hands on his shoulders. The whole spectacle was disgraceful.  I bet if I looked up his salary, I wouldn't have to suggest a tag day for the guy.  This isn't the US and why we are adopting the whole "Black Lives Matter" cause is beyond me?!  Thank you Colin Kapernick.  Not. 


Just as I flipped the channel in disgust, I happened upon a CBC documentary entitled "Being Black in Canada".  OMG!  Naturally, the entire program was about how awful it is to be Black in Canada.  Folks, the CBC is now unwatchable.  Call me a "Karen", but I'm sick of acting as if we have a crisis of racism in Canada.  As I keep saying, we're not the US.  Yes, there is racism, but it's not "systemic". Look at the readily-available RCMP stats to see who's killing who.  Blacks kill twice as many Blacks as do Whites.  God help us and our tax dollars.   

No comments:

Post a Comment