Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Great lines

From that brilliant philosopher, Mike Tyson, here is a guide and explanation of life:  

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

How true is that!

Think about what your personal punch in the mouth was.  Mine was hooking up with my husband, which meant hooking up with his money-grubbing ex-wife, who not only went after my money, but also wanted to get her mitts on my parents'.  The latter didn't happen, but she tried.  My money, however, was regularly sent to her for many years, while I raised, paid for and supported her children.  I was actually under the mistaken impression that any self-respecting woman with a pinch of self-esteem would fend for herself and not steal from another.  "Unfortunately, the judicial attitude looks at overall household income," said our lawyer.  So I was robbed.  That's how I saw it then and that's how I see it now.  

Another good philosophical moment came from B, who said:

"Life is made up of small victories and mediocre defeats."

Dead on and also brilliant.

As for funny lines, the facebook feed I got the other day takes the cake -- or should I say "olive":

"Black (o)lives matter."

Ya gotta look out for pithy truths and enjoy them when they pop up.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment