Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2021

First of all

 I am not in any way, shape or form a fan of the ridiculous and screamingly incompetent Trudeau, but I have spent my career in communications and journalism in one form or another and I do know a thing or two about political public imaging.  In other words, I instinctively know what  Ralph Klein's "George and Martha" are thinking.  

Trudeau seems to know nothing and neither do all the sycophants that surround him.  Either they are giving him bad advice, or he refuses to do what they are telling him.  Frankly, I think it's a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes", but whatever it is, he has a tin -- no, make that deaf -- ear when it comes to how to handle and avoid his many missteps.  

What would I do?  I'd fire Tam, Hadju, Anand, Freeland and Sajjan immediately.  Tam and Hadju should have been gone a long time ago, but our "feminist" pm wouldn't do it.  Now, the incompetents are piling up alarmingly and he must do something.  He needs to show strength, step up and fire people.  Now.

People would sit up, say whoa and take notice, let me tell you.  If he stood in front of a microphone and fired the bunch of them, telling us Canada's response to the pandemic wasn't good enough and that things needed to change, if he added that the defence minister's handling of sexual harassment allegations wasn't swift enough, he would look decisive, show leadership and silence the opposition in one fell swoop.

That's what I would do.  But he won't because he's too stupid.  What's even sadder is that Erin O'Toole is not the leader the Conservatives should have elected because he will not defeat Trudeau.  Even Bernier would have been better because at least he had a definite position, one which might have resonated with a lot of closet right wing nuts.  As for ejecting Derek Sloan, that was also knee-jerk and short-sighted.

The other unelectable leader is Singh.  We must not know the religion of a secular political leader and with Singh, we do.  But Trudeau knows he's safe with Singh because the latter will never defeat him in a vote of confidence.  As the Globe and Mail's Bob Fife said in pointing out the obvious, "The NDP are toast."  And don't even get me started on the ridiculous Annamie Paul, another dumb choice for a leader -- even of the irrelevant Greens.

So, that's the sorry state in which Canada finds itself.  



3 comments:

  1. You may not like O'Toole, but there is no other choice except Polievre. As a dyed in the wool conservative, I want the party to succeed. Sometime we don't like some8ne, but the value of out arguing their opponent is imperative. I find O"Toole can think on his feet, and spew retorts infinitely better than anyone he was running against. Our only hope is him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't like O'Toole, it's just that he won't win. Still can't understand why Lisa Raitt was not elected?

      Delete
    2. I have added to this blog my thoughts about Bernier and Sloan.

      Delete