Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2021

$25,000

That's apparently what my 2,000 Honda Civic Hatchback could fetch.  I was amazed!  I have had strangers -- mostly young, Asian males -- ask if I wanted to sell it, but I always refuse.  I love that little car.  Because it is a five-speed, it is very desirable to young men who want to soup it up for road racing.  

But $25,000?  That surprised me.  Anyway, my dear little car will remain with me for as long as it holds out.

________________________

Saw a poll the other day that said that only 7% of Canadians care about native issues.  Seven percent!  Sounds about right to me and thus I continue to wonder why governments -- especially this Liberal one -- continue to pander with nary a thought given to the billions they are handing natives every year to the detriment of the rest of the country and the crippled economy?  In fact, most don't even vote in federal elections. 

Further, on a list of Canadians' priorities, native "issues" rank 13th.  So, there you have it.

_________________________

As I have blogged before, Afghanistan was a useless disaster for every country that went in there.  For Canada, it was 13 years and 138 lives.  That's unconscionable and tragic.  In 2009, Stephen Harper gave an interview to Fareed Zakaria in which he said outsiders were never going to win that one and he was right.  He was preparing to extract Canadians three years into his mandate, but the Liberals came in and didn't follow through.  

The Brits fought four Anglo/Afghanistan wars there to absolutely no avail.  They were consistently unable to best the Afghans, and neither has anyone else been, including the mighty Russians and Americans, along with the not-so-mighty French.  

How would you like to be the family of one of the precious young men or women who died for nothing at the peak of their lives?

One can only hope that federally, we'll have another Nova Scotia and dump this incompetent government because if I have to spend another four years watching Trudeau -- and even worse, that harridan Freeland! -- I'll shoot the TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment