Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2021

Where to start?!

 It's been a whacko month. What with moving to Cochrane and spending a month in Ottawa and Quebec, I am completely discombobulated.  

The first thing that hit me when we arrived was that all the federal flags were at half staff (not "half mast", which is reserved for shipping vessels, by the way).  Why, I wondered?  Apparently for the graves of native children recently found.  This is Trudeau pandering and gearing up for his unnecessary election.  As I have said many times, why he panders to the natives is beyond me because most natives do not vote in secular elections.  But every native leader was out in full force on the airwaves decrying everything and anything and demanding more money.

(Note: What was very noticeable was that the flag on the British High Commission offices was not at half staff.  It was flying fully.)

Gawd, will it ever end?!  The natives were just handed another $83 million for?...for?...sorry, I forget.

We had a wonderful time introducing the grands to our old cottage, where their mother and her siblings grew up.  Sadly, stepdaughter and B's grands were at the cottage and in Ottawa while we were and yet she didn't even contact her own father?!  WTF is that about?!  Must be money; we don't have any, (but her mother has tons).

Anyway, here are a few happy snaps of our family:

At the lake, locals actually ride in the boat while it's being towed!  Nuts!
My beautiful family
My son has the Russell fishing gene!

The hummingbirds were everywhere at my feeders.





As for the move, still unpacking.  Can't believe we had 1-800-Got-Junk in twice and still I have scads of things I really don't need.  



  

 

3 comments:

  1. and I was so happy you made time in your whirlwind visit to have lunch with us.. It was wonderful to see you both Hugs elayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice lunch Elayne, Doug and I had a chance to have with you and Brian..on the last day of your stay. I take responsibility for not taking a few pictures. Next time.
    Tbe 83 million is an additional gift, bringing funding up to 321 million for searches and support systems for residential school survivors, most of whom must be dead by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the point?! Our grands will be hobbled. Tragic. Let them rest in peace.

      Delete