Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2021

You can't think about it

 Joined the beautiful, new pool complex here in Cochrane and went for my first lane swim since moving this morning.  Sailed through the first 20 laps with flawless kick turns, but made the mistake of starting to think about them as I approached the end of the lane.

That's a big mistake.

Naturally, I started flipping wrong and ended up off-to-the-side.  That, of course, made me worse because I concentrated harder and thought more.

Another big mistake. 

It's amazing how upset I become for the rest of the day when my forever-sought-after perfection of the kick turn goes awry.  Now, that's all I am thinking about until I venture back tomorrow, when I need to park my brain and refuse to let it operate.  

______________________________

So Trudeau has had the nerve to call an election when he has the full confidence of the House.  And the nerve of the new GG, Mary Simon, taking an hour to give her constitutional approval.  I mean, if she were going to sign the writ, why drag it out and pretend you were considering denying him his dissolution?  I light of the fact that all opposition parties had written, assuring her the government still had their confidence, I actually thought, for a split second, that Simon might actually refuse the writ.  

Now, that would have been the right, constitutional and ballsy thing to do.

But, of course, she didn't.  So now we will plunge into a $500 million trek to the polls.  What a selfish, egotistical thing to do.  I hope Canadians are pissed off enough at his hubris to deny him his majority.  

_____________________________

As for Afghanistan, what a tragic waste of so many lives.  Now, everyone simply leaves while we wait for the Taliban to jam the country back into the middle ages.  Apparently, they are merrily beheading women and anyone who supported the previous government, as they frog-march the country into caves.  I still have no idea what western countries were doing there for 20 years?  Apparently, it was to stop the poppy/heroin trade -- a worldwide losing cause.


_____________

The future for women in Afghanistan, covered like animals and criminals.
_______________

Cochrane is enveloped in smoke from the BC wildfires, but I won't complain in light of so many who have lost their homes and lived.  However, we are getting rain in the next few days, so that'll help.   

No comments:

Post a Comment